Saturday, October 22, 2016

Christmas Night

Hi!

All you card makers out there knows that Christmas is coming in a lightning speed, so it's time to start with those Christmas cards so that you might get some sent out this year. So here is my first Christmas card of the season. Today I'm Guest Designing for Gerda Steiner Designs, I've been meaning to get some stamps from her for awhile as I've looked at Tara's videos with them and the stamps are adorable! So when Gerda contacted me and asked if I wanted to play with her stamps I was over the moon. Btw how do you like my moon on the card? I personally just love how it came out.



For todays card I've played with Up On The Housetop, I wanted to make a very wintery card, and started with the background. For the background I used distress inks and and a mask and blended a background with blending tools. It turned out very soft so instead of going to my copics I decided to use my Polychromos to colour the images in. For more details on how you can see the video below.





Polychromos:
Skin: Ivory, Light Flesh, Cinnamon, Walnut, Dark Flesh
Hat & Gloves: Deep Red, Permanent Carmine, Dark Red, Walnut
Beard, trimmings and snow: White, Warm Grey I, II, III
Chimney: Walnut, Venetian Red, Terracotta, Burnt Ochre, Sanguine, Nougat

Supplies:

2 comments:

  1. Nice card and coloring. Thanks for sharing your process when using pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card front is nothing short of wonderful, but my favorite part is the boot prints inside. Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! XOXO Mika