Thursday, May 12, 2016

Childhood summer!

Hi Guys!

Summer means so many different things for so many different people. For me when I think of summer I think of when I was little, the last day of school before the summer vacation. The dew in the grass, being all dressed up heading to church to sing for the parents. The smells and the sun. So when I saw the flower girl collection I knew that they would be perfect for my CAS card for the theme of summer.



I've chosen a very soft color-scheme, to match a dress I had as I child. I was a blond and blue eyed girl but thought that brown would be better suited for my Isabella. I did some distress ink smooching on a small piece of watercolour cardstock and die-cut the hi from that.



To keep with the soft feeling I choose to stamp the summer in a brown ink that matched her hair. To tie it all together I did some splatters onto my die-cut background with the same distress inks I've used for the sentiment and a little bit of bronze ink. For those finishing touches I added a couple of enamel dots to balance up the card.

So now it's your turn to join in, come and have some clean and simple fun with us!

Copic:
Skin: E50, E00, E21, E11, E04, R30, R32
Hair & Eyes: E43, E44, E47, E49
Dress: R00, R30, R32

Supplies:

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow Mika this is so beautiful and girly. Love how you did the wording.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and what a pretty image. Love the CAS style and your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! XOXO Mika