Saturday, July 13, 2013

#1 - Everything Flower

When I tallied together my last shopping sprees I was stunned, I hadn't realized that I had shopped that much! So well something had to be done, so I now have a shopping blockade. This shopping blockade comes with a set of rules and a counter.

I'm doing a 50 project challenge, I have to do 50 projects before shopping. A card counts as a project only if it comes with a video (as that takes enough time), a series of cards/tags can count as a project if they are four or more. All rest of things counts as project on their own.

I have 3 exceptions to the no buying rule:

1. The subscriptions I already have is allowed to carry on(Silhoutte Store, The World of Cross Stitching Magazine and Simon Says Stamp Monthly Card Kit).
2. If I run out of Adhesives, Cardboard or basic Cardstock(black, craft and white) I'm allowed to restock those items.
3. I have put away money to buy a 72 pen set of copics which is planned for October, if I haven't finished the challenge by then I'm allowed to order that and that alone.

I hope that you will help me keep strong and not buy anything. If you want to follow my progress and look at the projects I do, every post I do for this challenge will be tagged "Shopping Blockade".

Now when that is over with, lets start with the first project. This is a card, but I made a Color Me Happy video while creating it so it does count.

 photo HeroArtsFlowers_zps635d7a41.jpg



Materials:
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics: B000, BG02, BG07, RV21, RV23, R43, YG00, Y04, Y08
Stamps: Hero Art, Everything Flower; Simon Says Stamp, Inside and out sayings,
Cardstock Neenah Solar White, Neenah Desert Storm

XOXO Mika

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, saw your blog from @myheroarts tweet! Great coloring!
    Xo, Kristina
    Pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st... i love your blog look. the background is fabulous!
    absolutely love the card. i'm a flower freak - LOL

    sounds like a great plan to me. i allow myself ONE stampin up set monthly (which helps a friend meet her goal). if i'm bored and need to go to michaels or any other craft store. i'm really good about talking myself out of stuff as i need nothing. if i want something, i head to the dollar bin! i also ask my blog / crafting friends to send me what they don't want - LOL ... or we'll swap something.

    have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, made the blog background myself so that means the world to me :D

      My shopping is by mood, when I'm down and troubled I kind of shop alot, so having a blockade kind of heps me two ways, as I need to handle what is troubeling me :)

      Have a great week you too :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! XOXO Mika